What does a naturopath do?
A naturopath has been trained in herbal medicine and nutrition, clinical medicine and techniques to help you achieve wellness. We look at the overall person’s health- linking all areas of health together to give you a greater sense of wellbeing. We may use foods, diet and nutrition to help heal the body, alongside herbal medicines (both in tablets or liquid forms) and also vitamin/mineral supplements.
What can Naturopathy/Nutritional Medicine help with?
Naturopathy may assist with many health conditions as well as with general wellbeing including:
- Immunity – colds and flu, viral conditions, post-viral recovery, hayfever, allergies, coughs
- Women’s health – premenstrual syndrome, peri-menopause, reproductive health, maximising your fertility, hormonal imbalance
- Energy and adrenal health
- Thyroid health
- Digestive function – Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), bloating, cramps, constipation, diarrhoea, ulcers, reflux, food sensitivity programs, liver health
- Children’s health – immunity, ADHD, digestive health, eczema
- Anxiety and Depression management
Standard Naturopathic health screening tool – 1-hour consultation includes:
- Your full medical history
- Discussions about presenting condition and desired outcomes
- Discussion of any pathology testing required or a review of pathology results
- Blood pressure reading (adults)
- Nail and tongue diagnosis
- Zinc tally testing
- Health screening tool (blood)
- Dietary assessment and food coaching
- Referral for additional medical tests if appropriate
- Treatment plan and prescription of recommended supplements/herbs
In clinic new patient appointments $125
Telehealth (online or phone) new patient appointments $105
Follow up Naturopath consultation
- Review consultation with no screening tools 30mins $55
- Review consultation with screening tools (either blood screening tool or body composition) 30mins: $69
Extra costs: you may be prescribed some practitioner only supplements or herbal medicines. These all vary in price. You may also need further pathology or functional testing which is an extra non-Medicare-covered expense.
Telehealth consultations are available.
- Herbal medicine mixtures
- Metagenics, BioMedica, Mediherb and assorted quality supplements with prescription
- Shake It weight loss program
- Detox program
- Information on various diets
For example, FODMAPS, gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free
- Food Intolerance testing is available with same-day results on Wednesdays, Thursday and Friday
Please note our cancellation policy: Consultations require 24 hours notice of cancellation, failure to do so may result in a 50% fee charge.